Game 1: APK Prince (1-0) vs Griffin (1-0): 0-0
|Cube (Top) – Jayce||Sword (Top) – Poppy|
|Hoglet (Jungle) – Reksai||Yonghun (Jungle) – Elise|
|DO IT (Mid) – Syndra||Rather (Mid) – Corki|
|DAN (ADC) – Jhin||Force (ADC) – Miss Fortune|
|Nova (Support) – Tahm Kench||Shield (Support) – Karma|
APK Prince with the early game lead on Griffin with 5-2 in kills. Griffin desperately attempts to bring the game back into their favor by forcing a fight at Baron. They managed to pick up the buff, but APK Prince instantly answers back by killing off 4 of their members, further increasing the kill lead to 9-3.
While all seems bleak for Griffin, APK Hoglet (Reksai) & Nova (Tahm Kench) gets caught. With two members down from APK, Griffin aggressively pushes down mid and takes down the first inhibitor of the game!
Griffin wins a skirmish in APK’s jungle and ties the kill count to 9-9. Feeling the momentum, Griffin decides to attempt Baron with a member of APK down desipte being at 20-30% health. The plan backfires with APK Cube (Jayce) & Hoglet (Reksai) teleporting back into the fight, allowing other members of APK to catch up and get 3 kills. Kill lead now back in APK’s favor, 12-10.
APK picks up the Baron buff shortly after, along with the Elder Drake buff. They push in towards Griffin’s base, catches Griffin Force (Miss Fortune) & Griffin Shield (Karma) off guard and wins game 1!
Game 2: APK Prince (1-o) vs Griffin (1-o): 1-0
|Sword – Nautilus||Cube – Rumble|
|Yonghun – Khazix||Hoglet – Reksai|
|Rather – Syndra||DO IT – Ekko|
|Force – Ashe||DAN – Varus|
|Shield – Taric||Nova – Tahm Kench|
Griffin learned from their mistakes last game, and did not want to give an early lead to APK. Griffin Yonghun (Khazix) heads top and secures first blood on Cube (Rumble). Within 13 minutes of the game, they increase their kill lead to 4-1.
A team fight breaks out in the bottom river. Griffin’s Khazix gets poked down by Varus arrows, leaving him at 30% health before the fight even starts. He gets caught, and dies without being able to deal any damage despite being 4-1. Griffin’s Ashe walks up from bottom lane to help, gets intercepted by APK’s Ekko and instantly dies. APK cleans up 2 more, and ties the kill count to 5-5.
Another team fight in the middle lane at Griffin’s tower. APK Cube (Rumble) times his ult poorly, and deals no damage whatsoever due to APK Shield’s (Taric) ult. With APK’s main AOE damage gone, Griffin easily wins the fight 4 for 1 and pushes towards APK’s base. Griffin scores an ACE, after another poor timing from APK Cubes ult. With the superior CC team composition, allowing various methods of engagement, Griffin takes the game convincingly. Tying the series to 1-1.
Game 3: APK Prince (1-o) vs Griffin (1-o): 1-1
|Cube – Poppy||Sword – Maokai|
|Hoglet – Reksai||Yonghun – Elise|
|DO IT – Corki||Rather – Syndra|
|DAN – Varus||Force – Miss Fortune|
|Nova – Malzahar||Shield – Tahm Kench|
The final match for these two teams, currently undefeated at 1-0. Griffin gets the lead with Rather (Syndra) picking up a double kill and securing the first dragon. APK working to get the game back into their favor, initates a dive at Griffin’s bot lane tower and takes out Shield (Tahm Kench) and Force (Miss Fortune).
The first team fight occurs 17 minutes in. APK easily comes out on top getting 3 for 0, allowing them to pick up the first Baron. APK is just completely dominating this game with an 8k gold lead. Griffin is unable to close the gap with APK using their lead to take objective after objective. APK easily overcomes Griffin’s last stand, wins game 3 and takes the match, 2-1.
Game 2: BPZ (1-0) vs Rising Star Gaming (0-1): 0-0
|BPZ||RISING STAR GAMING|
|Mong – Poppy||Hyuni – Nautilus|
|Once – Graves||Catch – Khazix|
|Cheong – Karthus||Crow – Jayce|
|Tak2 – Ashe||OdduGi – Jhin|
|Lehends – Braum||HighDin – Karma|
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Interesting champion pick with BPZ Cheong picking Karthus. Got casters and a viewer excited.
- BPZ Once Takes first blood, slaying Hyuni. At the same time, Mid Lane kill each other, with Karthus Ult going off. 2-1 BPZ lead.
- Fight breaks out mid lane with both teams collapsing toward mid and both teams trade 2 for 2. Score 5-3 BPZ
- Big team fight for Rising Star Gaming, 2 for 5. Team fights ties the game at 7-7
- Rising Star Gaming secures first dragon of the game.
- Big fight in Baron, both teams trade 2 for 2 with no one scoring Baron buff and many walking away with very little health. Score at 10-12 Rising Star Gaming
- Crow as Jayce dealing TONS of damage each fight being the biggest obstacle for BPZ during team fights. Hyuni making big plays with great Nautilus hooks, getting a lot of great engages which gave them the turn-around lead. 10-16 Rising Star Gaming.
- Rising Star engages with Jhin Ult and follow up with Nautilus hook forcing BPZ back, causing them to also make mistakes, while Rising Star capitalized every time. No answer from BPZ mid-way into the game. Score at 11-20 Rising Star Gaming build a big lead.
- Rising Star Gaming takes Baron at 34 minutes in, also scoring kills while BPZ scores 1.
- Rising Star initiates at bot lane base turret with baron buff, Crow obliterating their team with Jayce who was clearly the MVP of the game.
Rising Star Gaming takes game 1. End score 14-28
Game 2: BPZ (1-0) vs Rising Star Gaming (0-1): 0-1
|RISING STAR GAMING||BPZ|
|Hyuni – Poppy||Mong – Maokai|
|Catch – Ivern||Once – Khazix|
|Crow – Syndra||Cheong – Zilean|
|OdduGi – Varus||Tak2 – Jhin|
|HighDin – Zyra||Lehends – Malzahar|
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Crow goes in for a kill on Zilean, but the fight turns around as Once jumps in for a gank and Cheong gets the kill on Crow for first blood!
- BPZ Lehends initiates with Malzahar ult and Tak2 secures the kill on an overextended OdduGi at botlane.
- Messy team fight in the top lane where BPZ tower dives Rising Star Gaming and walks out with a 3 for 1 trade. Score at 1-8 BPZ leads.
- BPZ Once solos mountain drake for the first dragon of the game uncontested.
- BPZ catches Crow out of position and secures the kill. Following the kill on Crow, BPZ capitalizes on the situation, they initiate a team fight scoring another 2 kills to add to their score. Meanwhile Cheong gets shutdown dropping his score to 6/1/3. BPZ leads 13-2.
- Hard initiate by Mong’s Maokai at Rising Star’s base taking 2 kills and dropping 1 death by Cheong. Once leading the game with 11 kills and having only died once 30 minutes into the game. Score at 20-3 BPZ with a strong lead.
- Rising star attempts to contest Baron, though their base was overrun by minions forcing them to go back and BPZ complete the first Baron buff and go for a final push to win game 2. BPZ wins 20-4. Match tied at 1-1
Game 3: BPZ (1-0) vs Rising Star Gaming (0-1): 1-1
|BPZ||RISING STAR GAMING|
|Mong – Ekko||Hyuni – Nautilus|
|Once – Khazix||Catch – Ivern|
|Cheong – Syndra||Crow – katarina|
|Tak2 – Jhin||OdduGi – Varus|
|Lehends – Elise||HighDin – Karma|
GAME 3 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Game was paused for about 10 minutes at the start of game 3.
- Hyuni scores a double kill along with first blood taking down both Mong and Once due to a poorly coordinated gank. 2-0 Rising Star Gaming.
- Rising star takes first blood tower at 9 minutes in. 2-3 Rising Star leads
- Crow overcommits on Tak at bot lane, tower diving too far and goes down. BPZ ties game at 4 kills apiece.
- Big team fight at top lane jungle with the fight going even with team members getting very low on health, then Crow jumps in with Katarina ult for a cleanup. Fight ends with 7-9 Rising Star Gaming
- BPZ makes another mistake committing on the tank Nautilus, while Crow gets a solo kill and forces all of BPZ to retreat all the way back to their base. 8-11 Rising star
- Hyuni as Nautilus built full tank and has a score of 8/0/2 seems to be unstoppable leading his team with kills
- Rising Star engages in BPZ’s base with Rising Star scoring 3 kills but BPZ finally shut down Hyuni’s 9-14 Rising star lead.
- Rising Star Gaming goes for a final push with Baron buff only losing Crow in the process, while taking down 3 members of BPZ and finishing the game.
- Group A
A. Similar to Group B, but without the team history or championships titles.
- Group B (Insane)
A. Everyone in that group was on SKT
B. They have all won a GSL or SSL except soO.
- Group C
A. More weaker players(Trap, Leenock, Ryung)
- Group D (Interesting)
A. sOs seemed so confident against Terran
B. Maru is the strongest in the group